[Bell Historians] FW: HAVE a bell from the 1700s (selling)would like to know the history

Bickerton, Roderic (SELEX GALILEO, UK) Roderic.Bickerton at YAGMyQSJgeluZSeMZc6jNJo4OREOl2VgzKbjVYi4ve5RMIgcpTDL0KyAAwqRn4qziIf4-A6d2DkSIjR5zY3r03A5uIQvnBqUtLWdVA.yahoo.invalid
Tue Dec 8 13:54:18 GMT 2009

Tin melts at 231 deg silver at 961, not vastly different from copper at
1084, so why should silver evaporate, if the tin is not lost( or at
least lost relatively slowly)?

"I wonder how the myth about silver in bells arose?  I know when the 12
at Trowbridge were cast a silver coin was put in the pot, but there must
be minute amounts in each bell."

Wouldn't it evaporate before it even got poured into the mould?

David

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132