[Bell Historians] Re: St Barnabas, Pimlico

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at J--G3pvcdHEMTIsxFJMzSL6-PckRrpxmAWtmTtED84_HNBVsSk6r2-yALV6h-mpjym05KXW9BuXhrmYn4m_AsPf1vNaUmsWP.yahoo.invalid
Wed Dec 23 10:45:46 GMT 2009

I had almost forgoten that I'd already compiled a priovisional chronological listing of all the earlier rings of ten (attached). Although this list does not take account of later recasting, it's very clear that the first complete ring of ten was cast in 1688 (Lichfield) and several founders (including Whitechapel) produced complete tens in the eighteenth century. This proves the point, I think, that there no serious significance can be assigned to any of the later Whitechapel tens now surviving just because they happen not to have been recast (yet!)

CP