[Bell Historians] Heritage

Robert Lewis editor at ial28BdV30Wh7DnIEbQv-3YovrvYh1CZjVGEkI3hv7t6BGDJ1phi3ktVg7xwYqkGWMJhcCt-a9ghYpipRObBITtYkA.yahoo.invalid
Wed Jan 14 10:47:20 GMT 2009

At 09:48 14/01/2009, George wrote:
>___ Very interesting to hear young Mr Earis on Radio 4 this am.
>
>I was amused to hear him on the heritage aspects knowing that the
>bells heard by many generations of 'alumnii'  (his word) at a church
>in the centre of Cambridge are to be consigned to retirement & a
>brand new ring supplied.

I thought Philip did really well to get a word in edge ways with the
larger-than-life Brian Blessed dominating proceedings, and having
been branded early in the programme as a "geek" by presenter Libby Purves.

Most of what Philip said seemed eminently sensible and intelligible
to the lay person - including his parting shot that ringing is fun
and safe (in response to the inevitable "do you get hauled up to the
ceiling?" question.

RAL