[Bell Historians] Fw: St Botolph Westwick, Norfolk

Andrew Bull a_m_bull at qV03Qi_PERf7wh3D1T49mLLEN4I2N1gMfEkqSP1ysWqdNIB-92WLJA-SN20Gh4gNOH7LwKL_6JIoIvrU.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jan 26 18:28:17 GMT 2009

L'Estrange lists one bell inscribed "Anno Domini 1624". GAD's NBR
spreadsheet agrees, adding that the founders are William & Alice Brend.
L'Estrange says that there were previously three bells, weighing 10, 12 and
18 cwt. One was "split" and the other "never used", and were sol din 1780.

Andrew Bull

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of David Bryant
Sent: 26 January 2009 18:15
To: Bell Historians
Subject: [Bell Historians] Fw: St Botolph Westwick, Norfolk

Anyone?

David

From: Westwick churchwarden
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 5:49 PM
To: webmaster at bellhisto <mailto:webmaster%40bellhistorians.org.uk>
rians.org.uk
Subject: St Botolph Westwick, Norfolk

Dear Sir,

I have found your very interesting site.

I wondered if perhaps you could suggest where to start looking about the
Bell which hangs in our church?

The tower is a fine one and I would have thought that originally it could /
would have held more bells than the single one we have.

I am a very new church warden and do not know where to start - I have yet to

explore the tower!

The bell was restored a few years back and we get it swinging and it tolls
for our services.

Weswick is a very small parish (56 adults on the Parliamentary Electoral
Roll) and only 4 of us on the church roll - so any help information would be

received very gratefully.

Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards
Chris