[Bell Historians] Dual stays

Bickerton, Roderic (SELEX GALILEO, UK) Roderic.Bickerton at 8KosYycPpK1mnFF7iuXXhjeQrYZL4AYKk4_0GoBAlr-OD1tO6m5DUHHsunElEO6eWGjGr3gdUalX9yj_uuFg6YFtyeywn6QX.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jul 7 08:36:29 BST 2009

I have seen early double stays coming together to form a single, a
twined stay, but not 2 independent, as far as I can remember.
sounds like an error as it would need the slider to go through a larger
angle.
Perhaps someone replaced a twinned stay

I do not work Wednesday Thursday or Friday.
Please forward to rodbic at bQtTJ9sRwh7KhMCzLGVjih8WaeZVg-Q7bYfD40CcbxVQngG2kRupeifyoyLZOP7dXhMLhnu2yNDwdQibcsk.yahoo.invalid as well as my work email if you
want me to see it on these days. Do not send anything classified to
rodbic at bQtTJ9sRwh7KhMCzLGVjih8WaeZVg-Q7bYfD40CcbxVQngG2kRupeifyoyLZOP7dXhMLhnu2yNDwdQibcsk.yahoo.invalid

________________________________

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David & Mary Kelly
Sent: 07 July 2009 07:36
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Dual stays

                    *** WARNING ***

 This message has originated outside your organisation,

I visited Millbrook, Bedfordshire on Saturday and both bells are fitted
with dual stays positioned either side of the headstock on the opposite
side to the wheel. One stay engages the slider at Handstroke and the
other at backstroke. I have not seen an arrangement like this before.
How common is this?
Dave

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132