Dual stays

George Dawson george at 9CB_jXOJxWFFOcyDGpdb_I4lGyLQuhIUcpkXTjass_Sz8vM-6g_ZTCXrj2AgqeBBfbZ4YwLHSCqPtNoCNCvJUnRrkDo.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jul 7 10:57:49 BST 2009

Isn't it just a way to make them stronger, & they don't break, just shear
the gudgeon instead?

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of matthewhigby at TltSq-UsVuzKDMWsfYcXJsnLp7QSgIyMXrpY_Vf_bj0cUaFM6Hh36DTrLK4pq8uAPHa94rYMmca0-cI.yahoo.invalid
Sent: 07 July 2009 07:51
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Dual stays

I've never seen that, but I have seen "wish bone" stype stays that fix to
either side of the headstock, and curve over the headstock to meet in the
middle. The ones I saw were bound together with twine (Can't remember where
:-/).

Matthew

I visited Millbrook, Bedfordshire on Saturday and both bells are fitted with
dual stays positioned either side of the headstock on the opposite side to
the wheel. One stay engages the slider at Handstroke and the other at
backstroke. I have not seen an arrangement like this before. How common is
this?

Dave

I visited Millbrook, Bedfordshire on Saturday and both bells are fitted with
dual stays positioned either side of the headstock on the opposite side to
the wheel. One stay engages the slider at Handstroke and the other at
backstroke. I have not seen an arrangement like this before. How common is
this?

Dave

  _____

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See
<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585089x1201462806/aol?redir=htt
p://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=Jul
ystepsfooterNO62>  yours in just 2 easy steps!