[Bell Historians] Felstead peal sources

Richard Offen richard.offen at diYQWbmCssh0k8ebScTpfvdnMXD3Wq1KtJ54jpOsM1zOPt6HrXXcKd1_TP16-L7rYSLxKUy32dBIBKGDmN6hVh4.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jun 8 11:35:05 BST 2009

Most of the early peals not recorded on  peal boards, or in extant peal
books were transcribed mainly by  Ken and Cyril Wratten from local
newspapers.   Not sure what the 'e' numbers are!

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Hazel Basford
Sent: Monday, 8 June 2009 5:13 PM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Felstead peal sources

I am helping Holy Trinity, Dartford, to gather the details of all their
peals and wonder if the list could advise on a couple of sources.

Felstead gives the reference source for a peal on 26 December 1807 as
E.I.O.  I checked Felstead's list of abbreviations and found E and EIO
listed under E.  E = Era.  EIO = EJ Osborn manuscript.  I found the
manuscript on the Web but it did not appear to include this peal.  What
is Era?  Or is the manuscript I found on the Web not the right thing to
be looking at?

The very first peal at Dartford listed by Felstead is dated 19 May 1746
and the reference is given as 'Eastern Scholars'.  Does anyone know how
and where we can follow up this reference to get the details?

Hoping you can help.

Hazel Basford

Hon Librarian

KCACR