Re: [Bell Historians] Newport, Shropshire

Dickon Love dickon at 67Of_XozLkalafEBM-LznV3TDXye0_Olybp3K7fxdwCMnSTBIp7G5EPG1WHdHVJ8AUBaGlGQ_Nk.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jun 29 12:21:03 BST 2009

>  At 08:21 29/06/2009, Chris Pickford wrote:
>
>  CJND used to say that the worst counties for bells (tonally) were
>  Berkshire, Hampshire, Shropshire and Kent!

Speaking for Kent, we do have a few growlers (mmm - Penshurst and Borden!) but they are balanced by some really good rings.  The 10s at Maidstone and Rochester are notable, as are the 8s at Sevenoaks, Tunstall, Birchington, Lydd, Bromley, to name but a few.

DrL