[Bell Historians] Newport, Shropshire

Alan Buswell aaj.buswell at DzE6iCM7SJbF2KPQDdR1vqmsKJetUBSXK692ongsCAV5z1CZai44Z_womLg6Bj17YKtAm-afr5QjLYYAU9Ro4FH_.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jun 30 15:16:52 BST 2009

Yes, there are some good rings in England too, not forgetting Wales & Scotland and of course Down Under.
AAJB
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Offen
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 2:36 PM
  Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Newport, Shropshire

  Dickon mentioned All Saints' Maidstone and Rochester Cathedral in his posting on this subject.   Don't forget Frittenden, Tunbridge Wells and Edenbridge, not to mention St Mary Cray if we're going to talk about good G & J rings in the county.   Bromley Common, Hunton and the newish eight at Bickley are rather good too.

  Along with Chatham, there are some rather fine old style rings too: Chislet, Chartham, Aldington, Ashford, Goudhurst, Lenham .come to think about it Mr Pickford, I think your assertion is wrong: apart from counties such as Yorkshire, Devon and others where there is a disproportionate number of modern rings (not all of them good), Kent holds its head up rather well among other counties .but then, I am VERY biased!

  Richard