[Bell Historians] Muffles

Peter Whisker peter at as2O6SS6NiujRs8ohdiTolCmahdm6ywGAP2qNBJtlkXx0-g56MafRZw-Qi7TY002lC6JC6nWYQEcSsPaQdnM.yahoo.invalid
Sun Mar 8 17:45:42 GMT 2009

Both towers I regularly ring at (St. Peter's Chertsey & St. Peter's
Staines) have recently bought the Big Wilf muffles and the South African
rubberised paint he supplies. We have found both excellent. The muffles
are well made and the paint is excellent at stopping them slipping.

Don't paint the clappers with the bells up! Another tower I heard of did
this. Apart from being very dangerous, if you survive, you will end up
with the clapper stuck to the bell!

The paint takes weeks to wear off  your hands so wear latex gloves or
similar.

Peter