Muffles

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at K1pbzIziRPw-2q9KUvtilxfmteoQ4xF9-IOkLWbBIoIkjtrphKcC5NfyHyuN8gbio1IZz46uaH19FS2V4PDa.yahoo.invalid
Sun Mar 8 20:53:30 GMT 2009

Many years ago I spoke to Denis Randall (RIP) about fitting muffles for State Occasions at the principal City of London churches. He was steeplekeeper at Jewry at the time and may have also looked after St. Paul's. With some sadness he confessed that the days of rusty clappers and string had passed by and that those were the best days.
When I have previousy tired of straps, buckles, jubilee clips etc. etc. I have used copious lengths of parcel tape. It is easy to remove with a sharp blade and I've never had any 'turn' even in peals.