RE: [Bell Historians] Great Malvern

Dickon Love dickon at r5atq23Qws6QstNEwQU_Tyukalg6x954OH1tL0yNsYUSHq2T34WS0DjYojP8zZ_I6lw8HBYI7Ch6wy8.yahoo.invalid
Tue Mar 10 10:21:04 GMT 2009

Rod:
>  As a cardinal issue is involved, and  the decisions are at a high level,
>  and the precedence set is critical,

This is a difficult one.  The precedence isn't critical as this judgement is not binding on any other judgements, but it will be persuasive.  Of course, if it is taken to the Court of Arches who rule in favour of the Chancellor then it will be binding across the country.

I haven't spent much time reading the judgement, but Richard Grimmett's questions are pertinent.

DrL
(who is now glad that his 17th century 10 bell frame is now consigned to the scrap heap, and his mantlepiece!)