[Bell Historians] Great Malvern Priory

Alan Ellis alan_ellis at l1z676GwJQ3LBOuNZ45OLqNEd9kfiY2qr0Mr5PZj7ug2eXL8Iq0LGimOxL2H7V7HVKNKuvX_iEvjEkf0-OU.yahoo.invalid
Wed Mar 11 16:31:36 GMT 2009

Another sad day for ringing.

IMHO Mr. Charles Mynors, because of his background, has a predisposition
(is that the right word?) towards preservation.   He was therefore in
conflict of interest with the entire case and he should never have been
there.  Surely it can be appealed on that alone.  (Need input from our
learned leader).

What concerns me the most is that repairing the old frame is no
guarantee and that it will need to be repaired again at a much sooner
rather than a far distant date.   In other words any repair is a waste
of money.

Bells are hung to be rung and heard.   The frame is the means by which
they can be rung.  No frame, no bells.   Does the public see or hear the
frame?  No way.  So why this terrible concern for the preservation of
almost-modern frames by EH makes no sense whatsoever.

One of these days an EH member will be a  ringer and will therefore
understand the need for a proper frame.

Rant over.

Best wishes

Alan