[Bell Historians] Great Malvern Priory

John H Allen john at XA91gXPUVS8UR8hqVpftrmI_g4mYP4lnYEqzMRzJuSY77VZWFmU6OpvBxk8yGOFr7Ir06Eaay33E-hLndg.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 12 19:14:43 GMT 2009

I was a Diocesan Secretary in the late 1970's when the then Government
introduced State Aid for Churches. Many of us were concerned about the small
print and conditions attached to this Aid but the C of E grabbed it with
both hands.

We are living with the consequences of this decision every day of which
Malvern is just one.

John

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Andrew Bull
Sent: 12 March 2009 19:00
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Great Malvern Priory

It's interesting to see how the argument is shifting. I've still seen no
justification given as to why on earth EH want to keep the old frame in the
first place. It is even stated by David Bryant in a posting yesterday that
EH themselves own a church with a tower containing one of these very frames.
It is exactly this sort of thing that brings EH into disrepute, seemingly
wanting to interfere with restoration projects at every turn on the most
tenuous excuse.

Andrew Bull

  _____