Bells in Russia

MikeOrme at vYEMoWW45I6rdjwlDRY1-JU8qbm6rAQE8VgPzgqjgizZXDVQQb9Ymg6GxurDx3SxA4Xa-VXA.yahoo.invalid MikeOrme at vYEMoWW45I6rdjwlDRY1-JU8qbm6rAQE8VgPzgqjgizZXDVQQb9Ymg6GxurDx3SxA4Xa-VXA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Mar 20 22:31:20 GMT 2009

I have been prompted by a recording that I heard at a BBC department
recently and with a little research came up with the following interesting  article-

On Page 2... one reads about the Tsar Kolokol Bell......We have  heard that
Father Israilev, a recognized connoisseur of bells,  believes that it is
possible to recast the Tsar Bell, tune  it and raise it to the bell tower. According
to his  estimates, the works will cost at least 50,000 roubles. Recently, the
 newspapers have published several projects for the Tsar Bell  reconstruction.

See website attached.

_http://www.danilovbells.com/bellsonrussia/publications_about_bells/historical
_bells/?page=1_
(http://www.danilovbells.com/bellsonrussia/publications_about_bells/historical_bells/?page=1)

 Is this old info?    And who is Father  Israilev?     It also mention poods
see below.

Pood (_Russian_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_language) : пуд, pud),
is a unit of _mass_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass)  equal to 40 funt (
фунт, _Russian pound_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_pound) ). It is
approximately 16.38 _kilograms_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilogram)  (36.11
_pounds_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_(mass)) )._[1]_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pood#cite_note-dwip-0)   It was used in _Russia_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia) , _Belarus_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarus)  and
_Ukraine_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine) . Pood was first  mentioned
in a number of documents of the 12th century.  Together with  other units of
_weight_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight)  of the _Imperial  Russian
weight measurement system_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsolete_Russian_weights_and_measures) , pood was abolished in the _USSR_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USSR)   in 1924.