Steeple Claydon 2nd

Bill Hibbert bill at Oss1N5y85OEkNh5Hy_C1zYHibQSL1_1Sx4XHFBC4X8FWMqZUFSQPzw9rCARQhSxOeT0SJzH7rcHH8oI.yahoo.invalid
Tue May 5 17:34:44 BST 2009

I have been sent a recording of this bell. Its partials are absolutely typical of a Naylor Vickers bell (very sharp hum and prime, very thin soundbow). It's probably steel. If it were a bronze bell with such wild acoustics it would be even more interesting . . .

I assume that if Rod has seen it, we can trust him to know the difference between rust and verdigris :-)

Bill H