[Bell Historians] Steeple Claydon 2nd

Roderic Bickerton rodbick at T0nAj9x9lenJk4r9I1_i4yHlcbS8wTEy-KUpW10P1sFN9sans6NDQjoTCD2TSXo0LL7mrPoM9bX80kgysViOAZA.yahoo.invalid
Tue May 5 21:46:50 BST 2009

I have not seen it but J Hearn did a thorough look see a few years back.
As he looked after Thornborough for some while he should know.
I trust his observation.

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Bill Hibbert
Sent: 05 May 2009 17:35
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Steeple Claydon 2nd

I have been sent a recording of this bell. Its partials are absolutely
typical of a Naylor Vickers bell (very sharp hum and prime, very thin
soundbow). It's probably steel. If it were a bronze bell with such wild
acoustics it would be even more interesting . . .

I assume that if Rod has seen it, we can trust him to know the difference
between rust and verdigris :-)

Bill H