[Bell Historians] Tyntesfield

Richard Offen richard.offen at 9C0XT2UirPW7Xixoq3mUPcZ6uzh00AAeeGdF_2oCV95c_eVZcUz2HtvMWyOQW6seCw3_h0MjLP18PpQcns4kyQ.yahoo.invalid
Thu May 14 16:03:13 BST 2009

I was still working for the NT when it acquired Tyntesfield and I'm pretty
sure that Chris Dalton did them a report on the bells.   Perhaps the Trust
should look in its own archives first!

I'm sure CJP will have some answers when he next reads his e-mails!

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of matthewhigby at jl6TJoQoKF7lqqE6rwqljq8hPrVxH3P01rIeOKTXWQ5BWRxw8zfWaxGq-tKGl68ixXOXclu8iGQvbQY00Rnb.yahoo.invalid
Sent: Thursday, 14 May 2009 9:14 PM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Tyntesfield

I looked at these bells with Dalton about 5 years ago - I have some
pictures. The chapel bell was second hand - it used to hang in Boston Stump.
The call bell (which is the one in the timber spirelet on the main roof of
the house was by Jefferies and Price of Bristol. I have some pictures. There
was a third bell stored in the cellar (a small mears bell of about 12 inches
in dia). I seem to think that Dalton wrote something in the RW about them
and other bells which we saw that day. I'm sure CJP or Richard Jones can add
more.

Matthew

Matthew Higby & Company Ltd,
Church Bell Engineers,