[Bell Historians] Mancroft tenor (was unusual clock chimes)

David Bryant davidbryant at rT0LZGaddaogTHErmCAW6eHZE8VmUEOgIpWK7aRLebmxEWVsug5WTHAvI_qzjDZNZylL0miPoYVCvphJL6DTUi4-KA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Nov 6 20:28:02 GMT 2009

"I've heard it said a few times that Mancroft tenor was tuned when the bells underwent a full restoration by Taylors in 1925. I have examined the job book entry at Loughborough for the job, and on that evidence it seems that NONE of the bells were tuned."

I don't have any documentary evidence but I'm sure the bell was tuned, although not extensively. I've looked at it, and there are clear marks of machine tuning on the inner Soundbow. This must have been done in 1925 - there weren't any other opportunities.