[Bell Historians] was More Telegraph letters, now DBA's

Mark Regan markregan at XIxJurZ26aqkncPYdThaSitv5NG0gn_TryS6gTbO40LY4D-uznZMZ_IIT2QzJIQknK2-WSJN46VwnZzvyQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Nov 17 19:01:16 GMT 2009

A quick response.

The exemption is very important. Give planning control to EH and councils
you enter the world of politics and personal opinion becoming 'policy'.

The Church process allows everyone to contribute and a legal expert decides
on the evidence. It may not be perfect - it's better than politics and the
whims of EH advisors.

I was appointed to the DAC in an open process. The job was advertised and I
was interviewed by a panel of six people.

I've called for all DAC appointments to be 'open' and this is now happening.
Please don't confuse ecclesiastical exemption with smoke filled rooms. It
isn't true any more and I've been very critical of it all in the past.

I hope this has led to much needed changes.

Mark

Mark Regan

22 Sebright Avenue

Worcester