[Bell Historians] The case for and against Ecclesiastical Exemption

Richard Offen richard.offen at KYyYOGoc03ikle5UkGhswEGD50qs6r00d_jS3-Uk_GsT-oCRXkUEAOe_J45OXn5NfkD9OUPGnDhH4Qb-Z2UXqA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Nov 20 00:02:53 GMT 2009

This is good stuff...

That ringers are not seen as a relevant amenity group is a question that's
bugged me for ages.

Yes - we need to lobby better. The CCCBR have completely failed in this
arena.

I just the same way they did in the early eighties when we suddenly lost the
exemption of church bells from noise pollution legislation .it appeared to
me that no one noticed until it was too late!

Perhaps it is time for ringers to put their money where their mouths are and
restructure the Council along the lines of many other amenity bodies, with
some paid staff and accountability.

Let's do something about it?

Mark

07:51:00