[Bell Historians] Re: Levels of Bell Production

David Sloman david at 3y3tUmfHfzNQdwiNUBVKlcpnqtUY4jo_FmEgTjxx8tZB5mLRJOHaetcI6wgaIqo8gaOpQPC0lVpyAUYFx3cWRbROxa-7Z1rXu-uo.yahoo.invalid
Mon Nov 23 08:27:00 GMT 2009

John,

The list contains all known bells existing or recast from most counties, recorded in county books. I haven't had the opportunity of obtaining a few county books mainly in the North West-Cheshire, Shropshire, Cumberland & Westmoreland. There will be many bells that have been recast and not recorded.

David.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Harrison
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2009 3:58 PM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: Levels of Bell Production

  Notwithstanding your comment about incompleteness, do you mean 'all bells
  cast in...' or 'all bells still in existence, cast in ...'?

  Plotting your figures, even with 30 year smoothing, shows the peaks in the
  early 1600s and early 1700s much smaller than the massive peak spanning the
  late 19th and early 20th century, which is not what I would have expected
  for bells cast, but could well be for bells still in existence, because
  many old bells have been melted down.

  Regards

  --
  John Harrison