[Bell Historians] Re: Levels of Bell Production

Anne Willis zen16073 at eYs5JzK2kJJyFgoITpBD3EkQvtzE0xQ4t2qd_CK2BvVwbYXXgFfCbrUi_h-Ogm96lE-10Sh9iidg_w.yahoo.invalid
Mon Nov 23 14:10:41 GMT 2009

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of David Sloman
Sent: 23 November 2009 08:27
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: Levels of Bell Production

John,

The list contains all known bells existing or recast from most counties,
recorded in county books. I haven't had the opportunity of obtaining a few
county books mainly in the North West-Cheshire, Shropshire, Cumberland &
Westmoreland. There will be many bells that have been recast and not
recorded.

David.

The only way to find some of these 'missing bells' is to go through church
records.  I don't know what the survival rate is for other counties, but in
Wiltshire only 32 pre-1642 churchwardens' accounts from 351 buildings of
worship survive.  Only 11 are complete and some are very brief indeed.

Anne