[Bell Historians] Re: Telegraph letter

Charles Lucy lucy at JabEeB_2VE8lg7WvJOKNN-GtAucy9yHoKVzA_R73F74tKfQbk5r_VQqFOoqnsTM6-wOy9yqueByEIr9c.yahoo.invalid
Wed Oct 14 08:00:35 BST 2009

Agreed Richard.

The tuning is just a small, yet very significant part of the process,
and the bell casting production demand is very limited at present.

These two functions are two activities involving bells that require
particular specialized skills, yet remember there are many other
necessary activities associated with bells.

You have to consider the complete bell associated potential including
maintenance, restoration, safety, education, planning, noise
pollution,  and provide a comprehensive and affordable package to
those responsible for the bells into the future.

On 14 Oct 2009, at 02:24, Richard Offen wrote:

> I would also be interested to know what marketing techniques Mr Lucy
> is proposing in order to conjure up orders for casting new bells?
> I don't think a change in tuning technique would be the answer!
>
> It is fairly clear that one of the problems which has lead to the
> current sad situation is that there simply isn't enough bell casting
> business to go round and I don't think it is just the UK bell
> founders who are experiencing this problem at the moment.
>
> Richard
>

> On Wed Oct 14 3:57 , matthewhigby at ZRE6iGMUJ0N7t1kDRBztC98bJq7VX3qRF3iGtzhvvPKxEylFCPhUcywDNdIdSGjTCo-pw9JGu8b2z7q6.yahoo.invalid sent:
>

> .

Charles Lucy
lucy at 2ZDcFv5Hk1VbY4FFXShKVye59NTyp8uHN-OjC7U0UdNljZjdSFF4X_TNfT_ZdZyFtVAOpHEpneNaLeJE.yahoo.invalid

- Promoting global harmony through LucyTuning -

for information on LucyTuning go to:
http://www.lucytune.com

For LucyTuned Lullabies go to:
http://www.lullabies.co.uk