[Bell Historians] Re: Telegraph letter

Richard Offen richard.offen at RJSD7p0jDRKf-Pg7tuW1umEOXv8stqLc2bwXF0w7eYQdg_dQc9cZlzYfTAwhuI_pTnlgy0yVDJjek5JwOHcnvy1i.yahoo.invalid
Wed Oct 14 15:03:18 BST 2009

Hear, hear!

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Dickon Love
Sent: Wednesday, 14 October 2009 9:54 PM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Re: Telegraph letter

What amuses me is the fact that Mr Lucy thinks that one of TES' failings
was that their tuning system was wrong. I'd have thought that running a
foundry where "Lucy tuning" was the norm would be a handicap to any such
business. I ordered a ring of 12 bells a couple of years ago. I
wouldn't have even asked for a quote for Lucy tuned bells! And with the
recent successes of the bells St Magnus and Cambridge, I can't imagine
anyone else would either.

DrL

06:35:00