[Bell Historians] Re: Telegraph letter

Humpers lists at TEiZReT-xAaD5IWtUId8b5aYzmwlh7ydONk9y_Cjh3ely38Cm2IvR-hwrwRf-tv_ZCba4GYcWMz6nw.yahoo.invalid
Thu Oct 15 12:27:41 BST 2009

Charles,

You may understand scepticism, but not, seemingly, the point.

Worcester are very unusual in having so many semitone bells, enabling bells
to ring in different keys.

The vast majority of rings of bells are a single major scale, of 6 or 8
notes, and will only ever be played in one key.  There's no question of
using the 'wrong' black note, as you state, as they will only ever be rung
in one key (in Richard's case, D major).

Do you realise this point?

Mark

2009/10/15 Charles Lucy <lucy at TUygQugsw2shyt_eLatbleRBqf4T6LiYnT1OutTNH0vgXUJWmTSU3KcO6g-Xidg0R6nNE1NS9zKW0IX2jw.yahoo.invalid>