[Bell Historians] Lobby Groups WAS Daily Telegraph letter

John H Allen john at wRyHFv4hHkbsCG4fvXec4djsw5tsNoU_pxFvqDuDdv78ofmUT7iYJxJZae8tTcdzhS1nSiQoH7NRD5zJWw.yahoo.invalid
Fri Oct 23 10:13:20 BST 2009

The definition of 'statutory consultees' is set out in the Care of Churches
Measure 1991. These are EH and 'any National Amenity Society'. National
Amenity Societies are defined in the Measure as:-

national amenity society" means any of the following, the Ancient Monuments
Society, the Council for British Archaeology, the Georgian Group, the
Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings, the Victorian Society and
such other body as may from time to time be designated by the Dean of the
Arches and Auditor as a national amenity society for the purpose of this
Measure;

Note that it is possible under this legislation for the Dean of the Arches
to designate any other body as a National Amenity Society, which could be
the CCCBR. The Dean of the Arches is Charles George, Chancellor of Southwark
and Deputy Chancellor of Worcester.

John

  _____