[Bell Historians] Lobby Groups WAS Daily Telegraph letter

Robert Lewis editor at WXeHB1L6O7MFRmvzNOHr0XG8BqjtEKcRBlvIq0ndv1lMfmfAU2MiFOPIaqMcvY0qXo_sJNSc4-QkKZTtP0rRDUA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Oct 23 09:58:26 BST 2009

At 09:26 23/10/2009, Andrew Cairns wrote:

>I guess we have to be realistic; this is SPAB's position and they
>are going to argue it whether we think it is reasonable or not.

I think you are right about that Andrew. It would be interesting to
know just how many ringers ARE currently members of SPAB and how many
of those would actually agree with its official stance on bell
frames. How does SPAB deal with dissenters in its own ranks I wonder?

Leaving aside the question of its present "fitness for purpose" for
the moment, perhaps there is a case for the CC seeking "statutory
consultee" status alongside SPAB and the Victorian Society, EH, etc.

RAL