[Bell Historians] Daily Telegraph letter

Bickerton, Roderic (SELEX GALILEO, UK) Roderic.Bickerton at uS47BKM8W33xy9jQDmoNrJOQ_ianUJQkJg_gPGfU5RzPShzUPK0hYjKZdNtbv-VTizZmmUrBre3fdrPQnI3ji6_Xi8ExpQX0Fg.yahoo.invalid
Mon Oct 26 11:34:38 GMT 2009

Bell frame collapse, is there a recorded case?

There are several well documented cases of tower Collapse and lots of
cases of single bells collapsing into pits, crown cracks being a
frequent cause.
the only cases of frame collapse I have heard about have been fires.
One would think a failure and collapse of a tower floor more likely as
all beam ends are often enclosed, and much less substantial timber is
involved. I don't think I know  of even this actually occurring,
although I have seen one or two I would not want to stand under, let
alone step on.

I do not work Wednesday Thursday or Friday.
Please forward to rodbic at iBKKfPIfRmoCwFwZ8-CEfB_8qulg-50ySGqGchv3UjjsEanxpuyunxoo3ZK_WRIueBYuYUBBVMlE6A.yahoo.invalid as well as my work email if you
want me to see it on these days. Do not send anything classified to
rodbic at iBKKfPIfRmoCwFwZ8-CEfB_8qulg-50ySGqGchv3UjjsEanxpuyunxoo3ZK_WRIueBYuYUBBVMlE6A.yahoo.invalid