[Bell Historians] Hanley Stoke on Trent

David Beacham david1.beacham at rgDcJT87cIiJWfwfoBqjeQxW2ozWsAq_uEsp1TR3IdvR-ywrtfBkXa_yeuy314HuNAUjNNpORhcnoGL4PtGl.yahoo.invalid
Sun Sep 13 19:49:39 BST 2009

The information that the trebles were a WW1 memorial came to me via the ringers of yesteryear; all gone now! Perhaps they were mistaken.

DB

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris Pickford
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 8:07 AM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Hanley Stoke on Trent

  I'm not sure that Kidderminster bells are relevant here - I can find nothing to indicate that they were war memorials (and 1935 would be very late indeed for a WWI memorial). Certainly nothing on the inscriptions, and nothing (from a very quick check I'll admit) in the RW dedication report

  But the suggestions from Ted Steele and Phil Lucas regarding the relocation of other types of memorial (besides bells) are well worth pursuing - as is the point that although two of the Hanley bells (as I understand it) are memorials, they are part of an instrument which is not (in toto) a memorial

  CP