[Bell Historians] Harrison's tuning

Charles Lucy lucy at xpdssPfZ7orK9YHI5XOVlJsfQP1iUIpFVGeD_4QjBYmFTiXLDcUTVAlQ6Q2eIJTCkkr9ch7r8MeOgIAe.yahoo.invalid
Mon Sep 21 11:10:47 BST 2009

Thank you Bill, I realise that the tuning of a single bell is for many
a secondary consideration,

yet I suspect that it is so closely interacting with the timbre that
to consider a number of matched bells requires serious consideration
of the tuning.

This is where Harrison's recently discovered manuscript comes in.

http://www.lucytune.com/academic/manuscript_search.html

These things (tuning, design and manufacturing methods) need to be
explored at some time, yet much later; as the immediate task is to
sort out the business and commercial aspects.

I wish I could be at your lecture in Cambridge, instead I have just
arrived in Northampton from London, en route to Loughborough.

On 21 Sep 2009, at 10:17, oakcroft13 wrote:

> Charles Lucy,
>
> > I see no conflict whatsoever between what Simpson said and what
> Harrison claims.
>
> I definitely need to send you that email! Unfortunately I am in
> Cambridge all day, presenting at an acoustics conference. I'll try
> to write to you tomorrow. There is so much more to the quality of
> bells, both individually and rung together, that the exact tuning of
> their 'notes' is some way down the list of priorities.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill H

Charles Lucy
lucy at 56Uv0jzmSQd9SIyLkVfbO_9lW6rSluGRucjUQNEe-2077vEoBJQQvALRq4oW0db6VzVw92Jk1fnHYc0.yahoo.invalid

- Promoting global harmony through LucyTuning -

for information on LucyTuning go to:
http://www.lucytune.com

For LucyTuned Lullabies go to:
http://www.lullabies.co.uk