[Bell Historians] New ropes

Alan Taylor alantaylor at R1kOlaTSmSjcgGhFsjLDAy_x0Bi2saFY0LZcy4GWmLV-XYjfJyCJp39gdTBqpViz27tdberIx7O40srkXkPh2eGSMAA.yahoo.invalid
Tue Sep 29 10:00:45 BST 2009

Could we have his contact details please Mark?

Alan

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Mark Regan
Sent: 29 September 2009 09:53
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] New ropes

We have three of Philip's rope at Worcester Cathedral. The rope on the tenor
is the first I've experienced with no stretch. This makes a big difference
when handling 48 cwt bell. His experiments on splicing braided rope to
three-strand are successful.

Philip's work is to be encouraged. Standards elsewhere have slipped, and
long seasonally affected waiting lists hardly score well as good customer
service.

Mark

Mark Regan

22 Sebright Avenue