Bristol Bells c. 1869

RingingMatters at N-D4EUaV2LYXCVQyoPElUMF9xfWXOV67TLksPvlxuibKQEBwZJNUK4XWfwNWLPF92sWMU_7Y-lxPnrPbDg.yahoo.invalid RingingMatters at N-D4EUaV2LYXCVQyoPElUMF9xfWXOV67TLksPvlxuibKQEBwZJNUK4XWfwNWLPF92sWMU_7Y-lxPnrPbDg.yahoo.invalid
Fri Feb 19 19:15:10 GMT 2010

Another of my hobbies is Family History and I have been tracing the life of
 John STUART, my gt-gt-grandfather.  He was a man of many talents being at
various times a Glassblower (1861), a Carpenter (1871), an Artist (1881)
and a  photographer (1891 & 1901).

On his marriage certificate, 3rd December 1869, he gives his occupation as
Bell Hanger.  As he was a glassblower 8 years previously and a carpenter 2
years later, he does not seem to stay in any job for long and so I am
writing to  ask if anyone knows of any bells hung or re-hung in or close to
Bristol around  1869?

I would guess that he would have been an unskilled assistant working for a
local firm, so can anyone tell me of any bell foundries or frame makers in
the  same area at that time, for whom he might have worked?

A long shot but worth a try!

This has also been posted on the Change Ringers message board

Malcolm Bland
Kirkby  Malham
_http://www.malhamdale.com/bells.htm_ (http://www.malhamdale.com/bells.htm)