[Bell Historians] Re: Church clock maintenance contracts

Alan Taylor alantaylor at -I6gaKlib1ftAQOWWNEEYDAUpqsVtX9NjFNGiDIIPK-cJK9VUxz7Ic_NZ_ZTo-WXs3qNoFEU0SSwGdTzahPheVeCSBQ.yahoo.invalid
Mon Feb 22 19:37:12 GMT 2010

I think I should suggest caution on this suggestion.

Alan

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of John and Annette Thorp
Sent: 22 February 2010 19:01
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: Church clock maintenance contracts

Dickon: In case no-one else has mentioned them yet, we use Public Clocks, at

St Anne's Highgate (154 year-old clock) and at St Martin's Gospel Oak
(probably 140 year-old; but for both clocks their electric winding gear is
younger; both have an hour chime). As far as I know (as the person who sees
the clocks' works most often and keeps them right - but not the person
formally responsible for them), Public Clocks have given us a satisfactory
service, both for routine maintenance (their recent annual service at St
Anne's cost £105.75) and for occasional repairs.

Their email is info at publicclocks. <mailto:info%40publicclocks.co.uk> co.uk,
phones 020 7837 4345 and 01753 573
332. Postal address Slough.

John Thorp.