[Bell Historians] Re: Church clock maintenance contracts

Ian Johnson ian at cW4G5d5dkznw7eVDF_KXx2cKQVmvpuYElEYDcv9BQgK0X66dUFwrlsRpu3Kp7MoIkU4bM8YhafqGeivPes3ID36Bjw.yahoo.invalid
Sat Feb 20 18:19:48 GMT 2010

I would certainly recommend Cumbria clock, from my dealings with them. They seem to have the nod from Geoff Newey the renowned York clock restorer and he has very strong views on some so called clock men!!
Yours Ian

Message Received: Feb 20 2010, 01:07 PM
From: "stephen_dutfield"
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: Church clock maintenance contracts

An annual service is a good idea, and at towers at which I have rung, we have had good service from Smith of Derby (via their J.B. Joyce branch who cover Wales) and Gillett & Johnston. The latter are fairly local to St. Magnus, so have the benefit that if you're not happy, you know where they are!

The Cumbria Clock Company

http://www.clockmaker.co.uk/

are also very good, and have a representative covering the South of England.