Church Clock Maintenance Contracts

John David johnedavid at p_jji_Sws13dyG0rILYGh6w6ihxUXk9tSDBD7H_im2sU9GnBiEBueqcbNumMkYiZ2y_BP8oe3nkk1p9FNBnlelw.yahoo.invalid
Sat Feb 20 17:21:32 GMT 2010

Re Expense of these

It may be worth while discovering whose responsibilty the maintenance is - when I was steeplekeeper at St John, Peterborough the council paid for clock upkeep as it was a public clock. Similarly in Guernsey the parish rather than the church pays for the maintenance contract (with smiths, who come over once a year and do a lot of hte clocks). As far as sitting in the tower doing nothing, surely no-one should be in the tower on their own - our  rules on access are very firm on that point

John David

Vale

Guernsey

PS Putting "Guernsey Bell" into U tube will produce film of a local buoy bell