[Bell Historians] Blackbourne / Penshurst

Richard Offen richard.offen at B-Ih0QEbod4wSlmxmjn9AENt7oqN-_vqR_KxHq-gVDs2d6VmutxR6w3wXHPfdPnqiU2BacjqWZvPsh7cypWkL3g.yahoo.invalid
Wed Jan 6 14:27:36 GMT 2010

The bells were not removed from the tower in 1984, so not sure where the
exact tenor weight came from.

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Dickon Love
Sent: Wednesday, 6 January 2010 9:39 PM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Blackbourne / Penshurst

Does anyone know if Thomas Blackbourne of Salisbury has any surviving
records? He rehung the 6 bells at Penshurst, Kent in a new iron frame
with 2 new bells to make 8 in 1896. The new bells were cast by Mears
and we have weights for these. The tenor is said to weigh 17-2-11 but
there are no 'exact' weights quoted for the older bells. Whitechapel
rehung the bells in 1984 but it doesn't appear that they weighed them.
Therefore I wonder where this quoted weight comes from, and whether
Blackbourne would have weighed the bells and whether their record would
have been passed down.

http://kent. <http://kent.lovesguide.com/penshurst.htm>
lovesguide.com/penshurst.htm

Thanks.