[Bell Historians] 1890s Taylor peals

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at W4LatRS3xVwMuOzk-E-HDrFm-0GSrav8NHko1Yols8NlqbfPa3uLQYcNLWZKQDXZkWw8MFBtIwckmBW9RMU4dbGdipCrfmM.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jan 12 08:58:58 GMT 2010

In answer to DS:

Wright's "Glamorgan" MS shows all eight at Aberavon as being inscribed J. TAYLOR & CO. FOUNDERS LOUGHBOROUGH A.D. 1893

Bedford St.Peter are all dated 1894 (the back six that is; the sanctus was supplied later and it is dated 1895) - although I never took full details in my 20 years in Bedford, I did once pop up to check the dates

Curdridge bells were "completed 24 November 1894" (foundry records) and dedicated on 9 January 1895 (RW 15 July 1994 p.702). Colchester gives (partial) inscriptions, that on the 7th stating "this peal was erected 1894"

CP