RE: [Bell Historians] medieval bell pit

Dickon Love dickon at -MlBWEwaFMknKP8I3f8kcAkvROCrjJHtCVW2-NxAGi6cdBQAQ4XsR3ALNr4JhUmmvj9wskVmcQvFHTPg9g.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jan 19 14:27:19 GMT 2010

CJP:
>  DRL seems to have looked at the pictures, but not the video.

Ah yes.  I opened it on my mobile which doesn't show a video.  Reading your summary of her description I agree that it sounds rather implausible.  If it is bell metal, perhaps it was used to convert a bell into anonymous ingots of bell metal for sale.  (Might explain why it was covertly hidden inside the church.) I dunno.

DrL