[Bell Historians] Linlithgow, W Lothian

Andrew Aspland aaspland at 9O9u9Q4syin_Wmxu3_B3Os1ZGGEwbz4W1TUgWV8NlPP-My-MBrL8zuZIGTrelyMKABpDviTLYKNx0iXd.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jun 8 10:51:39 BST 2010

And you might appreciate a floor between you and the bells!
Andrew

From: David
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 6:40 PM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Linlithgow, W Lothian

I asked whilst at Taylors on Sunday and they are being rehung as they are so in theory the larger 2 are for ringing. However Andrew Aspland tells me that when he looked at them a while ago, it was not possible to ring the larger bells as the pulleys were not located under the bells but were some way off to one side so it may be difficult to get a proper handstroke. It will depend therefore on whether the pulleys are being repositioned.

Also I gather the frame is just horizontal beams.

David