[Bell Historians] Ball races

Alan Buswell aaj.buswell at y1CTH8jnKWK5iqkb5OlUjO9YFRIb2s-hPeruF6MPot7GPl76b3QIjX943ULpxbV0GHyZNPYtrWc6oG6nt0xNTBMpKA.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jun 21 16:15:30 BST 2010

What is the price of a single ball bearing (marble). How many balls are there in the bearing?
AAJB
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: jbpickup
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 11:31 AM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Ball races

  We are trying to raise money to rehang the ring of 10 at Beccles, Suffolk, on ball bearings. One of the things suggested for raising money was "Buy a Bearing". Could somebody either give me an indication or point me in the right direction for finding out the price of ball races used for such a job. The bells range in weight between 6cwt and 25cwt. Obviously the cases and labour will add more expense but I would just like to know the basic price of one bearing.

  JBP