Re: [Bell Historians] An original handwritten ringers notebook

Dickon Love dickon at UxlvvVKSKiQeLNrmsf1SbjP79xKdZPeBlrYfNwbGwqSizh6Y4WkdulZxV13yGV1qR7-Z66LsjXc.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jun 22 17:04:14 BST 2010

>  Its in a Bonhams auction taking place in Oxford on June 29th. Estimated
>  price £300-500. Lot No 66.

Ah, but I don't think this is it.  A quick Google finds a few instances of Ernest Bryan Gipps.  He appears to have been a publisher with his own bookplate (pictures at http://www.horntip.com/mp3/fieldwork/horntip_collection/-%20bookplates/21_ernest_bryan_gipps/index.htm).  I suspect he wasn't the author and therefore not a ringer given the range of other publications he has, ranging from music scores to poetry.  Others will be more skilled in interpreting what Google tells us than me, I am sure.

DrL