[Bell Historians] An original handwritten ringers notebook

George Dawson george at y1HAVyGBQpRuSF2AiosJJIP_SspKn900kcjZ3alNX3DaW_ic0ilveErLwgDwE2NP-aL7O5T-oYcNspG90FMP8gRT8ew.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jun 22 18:06:18 BST 2010

As it is entitled:

A Key to the Art of Ringing..

This is the same as Clavis Campanologia or A Key to The Art

Could it be a hand written crib???

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Alan Ellis
Sent: 22 June 2010 17:33
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] An original handwritten ringers notebook

Hello Richard and Dickon,

Yes, the Bonham's catalogue does show the right book, as the book dealer has
sent me photographs.   Definitely not the Guildford one.

Interesting about ERNEST BRYAN GIPPS.   .

I'll stay with my original price thoughts of 50 to 100 Pounds.   They can
keep their auction house value of 300-500 or the dealer's asking price of
1100 Pounds.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Best wishes

Alan

Richard Grimmett wrote:

Its in a Bonhams auction taking place in Oxford on June 29th. Estimated
price £300-500. Lot No 66.

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=EUR
<http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=EUR
&screen=WholeCataloguePrint&iSaleNo=18090>
&screen=WholeCataloguePrint&iSaleNo=18090

Clarrie

07:36:00