[Bell Historians] Bell of Doom

matthewhigby at wzB5p7gYEWWfLz46AO6oLmT9vvkVOgYboSEeuW8BwRSbwW2e-PnRANnIeRDqg-bfBy-_a2FqW52ZNiij-Xh_.yahoo.invalid matthewhigby at wzB5p7gYEWWfLz46AO6oLmT9vvkVOgYboSEeuW8BwRSbwW2e-PnRANnIeRDqg-bfBy-_a2FqW52ZNiij-Xh_.yahoo.invalid
Fri Mar 12 07:59:44 GMT 2010

I remember seeing it there about 15 years ago.

Matthew

I found this item, in a strip called 'London is Stranger than Fiction'
n the London 'Evening News' of 25 January 1950.  Is the bell still
here?
"The Bell of Doom [drawing]
Once the ringing of this simple handbell, now resting harmlessly in St
epulchre's Church, Holborn Viaduct, spelt doom for hundreds of
ersons.
A certain Robert Dowe left a sum of money for it to be rung outside
he condemned cell of Newgate on the night before every execution."
John Camp

I found this item, in a strip called 'London is Stranger than Fiction'
n the London 'Evening News' of 25 January 1950.  Is the bell still
here?
"The Bell of Doom [drawing]
Once the ringing of this simple handbell, now resting harmlessly in St
epulchre's Church, Holborn Viaduct, spelt doom for hundreds of
ersons.
A certain Robert Dowe left a sum of money for it to be rung outside
he condemned cell of Newgate on the night before every execution."
John Camp

   Individual Email | Traditional
   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

=