[Bell Historians] Whitechapel charges

Peter Trent peter.trent at 9zhh0-DYlLxHRsNnDxYlNUGIfK2yCJkzwSSPsItYCxBCmuvmL7gTbQhHe7nfH25a5uBxDFDKUk3irHsAiZwPKgFmVA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Mar 19 18:21:53 GMT 2010

Yes, quite usual you get and you get a comprehensive report in the process
Peter Trent
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Grimmett
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 6:18 PM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Whitechapel charges

  Is it usual policy for Whitechapel to charge a fee (of £80 for us) to
  visit a tower when asked to quote for a new ring of bells?

  I have not come across this before (not that I have done or been
  involved with many projects). Other companies are not making any charge.

  The £80 would be offset should they be awarded the job.

  What is the experience of others on the list please?

  Thanks
  Richard Grimmett