[Bell Historians] Whitechapel charges

Peter Trent peter.trent at 6UkARZTh_g-6Ekd0OkIwp1jsJP9iwWOseuunqbIlRwIAACa86BYx5OeWF5h-zsOjtx7wppEGX0qquK9P-CrpwIrFhQ.yahoo.invalid
Fri Mar 19 19:01:30 GMT 2010

The Churchwarden of most recent project that I have had dealings with  deliberately chose Whitechapel because they felt that by paying them for a professional service  it showed a serious enquiry on their part, of what is just an initial investigation as to the feasibility of funding a restoration and not just using the free service and good nature of the other firms... even though he was supplied with all the names and contact details
PJT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Grimmett
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 6:43 PM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Whitechapel charges

  I agree with you when it comes to bearly covering fuel and time. But
  does that make it sensible? It is possible trustees may simply rule
  them out of the process. They may expect Whitechapel bells to be
  included in others quotes after all.

  As someone who has worked in sales, I think customers take this approach
  as a sign of a company that does not expect to get many jobs.

  Richard