Re: [Bell Historians] Fort William

Dickon Love dickon at QC_jALgO_RKGXOoKmP56GAsC7YTWR18WwDD_znNY_8NHrEBksg9pjJtdghUDPMcberqxCv2JHguvmkVi.yahoo.invalid
Wed Mar 24 13:02:55 GMT 2010

>  Also -is it a tongue in cheek funny remark? I think most people would
>  think that Dickon's comment falls into this category.
>
>  SEM

Partly tongue-in-cheek, but also, the way this was presented:

1. Rope holes were cut in the ceiling to allow people to grab the bells (1975)
2. Water ingress was gross
3. Therefore they must be in a sorry state by now
4. The church refused the help from ringers subsequent to this visit (1980s)
And now they are presumably unringable?

Yes, I know there is a lot of joining the dots here, but that is the impression this thread, as presented, gives... :)

DrL