[Bell Historians] Fort William

fartwell2000 alanjbirney at POVQlRmm1gpF-ASVO_TaNehDSn0RPrbbwDOfj4KDMXca0_NShtIhy71xbWXh82VF0egIeMiXIxH4s3OJGE2Y.yahoo.invalid
Wed Mar 24 18:01:35 GMT 2010

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Dickon Love" <dickon at ...> wrote:

> 4. The church refused the help from ringers subsequent to this visit (1980s)
> And now they are presumably unringable?
>
> Yes, I know there is a lot of joining the dots here, but that is the impression this thread, as presented, gives... :)
>
> DrL

  From what I recall KMP saying, the ringing chamber floor was also (1980s) then in a bad way or non existant, but I don't think there was any interest in the Parish regarding the bells.

     I wasn't given the impression the tower was closed by visiting ringers, it was more a case of the floors and timber needing work/replacement.

  Perhaps the SACR may have some recent info?

Alan