Bar chimes

Bryan McCahey b.mccahey at jINCuD_KfsNWXAMc6TLZOlkiy2xoTcvdVBsn35VWlDDAw_it0I1aQs8yBuhHkYdxbYD5tdsCFTBlYNL9QQ.yahoo.invalid
Mon May 3 11:09:47 BST 2010

Can anybody please enlighten me as to what exactly "bar chimes" are? c.f. Allerton Bywater, Copnor, Goldthorpe and Dunham-on-the-Hill ? Are the Copnor chimes extant? How do they differ from conventional tubular chimes? There's certainly no current evidence of a chime at Dunham on the Hill, just a conventional bell turret.

Bryan McCahey