[Bell Historians] The future of Hanley bells

Dave Simpson d.simpson11 at 5VIuIQcU313mB6JJ1mibxe4dOszqcc5aIfinPQQmK0Eyd-xaSAx8qx_35Aa1tzMr1XPTltESdw0RVWFatt1EIQ.yahoo.invalid
Thu May 6 18:07:22 BST 2010

First of all my thanks to everyone that has taken the time to comment in favour  of transferring the bells to Stone.

As Peter Rivet said, the guidance on dealing with LBC applications changed last month.

We have a meeting next Monday with the planning officer  to find out how to re-write our justification statement in line with the latest guide lines.

It is interesting to note that most of the comments received against the transfer of the bells had nothing to do with polices on historic buildings and every thing do with the emotional side of loosing their bells.

This application will come before planning and development committee for decision, hopefully early June of July.

Simon Linford spoke yesterday on Radio Stoke about the application. (+15mins from the start)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p007l0s6/Breakfast_with_Pete_Morgan_05_05_2010/

Dave Simpson